Saturday 16 August 2014

More Zucchini! Mango Soft Serve

After trying out chocolate zucchini soft serve, I decided that maybe zucchini should be invited into some of my other "regulars" for banana soft serve.  One of my favourites involves mango and banana, so today I tried adding zucchini in with the usual ingredients.  Wow!!!  This was probably my favourite soft serve recipe so far!  The texture turned out amazingly, and I found that the subtle mango flavor was not so overpowered by the banana - which is one thing I often find whenever I use banana as my soft serve "base".  Is this because of the addition of zucchini?  I'm not sure, but I would definitely make this again!


Mango Zucchini Banana Soft Serve


Ingredients:

Banana - 2 very ripe, peeled and frozen
Mango - 1/2 ripe, peeled and frozen (I used ataulfo mango, which has a great smooth texture for soft serves!)
Zucchini - 1/2, raw


Instructions:

Make sure to freeze banana and mango the night before you make this so that they are completely frozen!

Peel zucchini.  Save your peels for a stir-fry or salad, or eat them with hummus. (or just plain as they are!)

Chop peeled zucchini, mango, and banana into small chunks.  Blend together in a food processor or high speed blender until smooth and creamy.  Serve plain or topped with fruit, nuts, coconut, or your favourite toppings!  Makes 2 small servings. 


Mmmmm!  I hope you enjoy this as much as I did! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment